Maintaining your eye health is very important as vision is a most precious gift you have. There are a large number of different proactive tips available which will help you to take care of your delicate sensory organ- your eyes. Working for long hours staring at computer, pollution, sun’s rays, as well as poor diet affect eye health of a patient.
Below there are some of the essential tips available which will help you to properly take care of eyes.
- Wear sunglasses when you are going out of the house. As UV rays of the sun is harmful to both skin as well as eyes. Even if you are wearing UV-protected lenses then also you should wear glasses.
- Keep your computer screen around five to nine inches below your eye level. This position offers less strain. Mostly people do not blink eyes while working on the computer. Blinking helps retain the moisture level in eyes and is also good exercise.
- While using the computer, you can also make use of s 20/20/20 rule. According to this rule in around twenty minutes, you will have to look away from a computer and fix your gaze about around 20 feet away for twenty seconds.
- By doing regular exercise also you can ensure good health of your eyes. By doing exercises, your eyes will receive a supply of oxygenated blood and maintain optimal blood circulation.
- Eye health, as well as overall health, depends on a proper absorption of nutrients. So have a healthy diet and drink plenty of water at least 8 to 10 glasses a day.
- Get sufficient rest as getting a good night’s sleep will refresh your eyes. Lack of sleep can make your eyes look tired.
- Stop alcohol consumption and smoking. Smoking has an adverse effect on overall health especially eye health. Having too much alcohol can also decrease your body’s ability to absorb Vitamin A.
- Overusing contact lenses daily also lead to an eye problem. Do not wear contact lenses more than twelve hours a day as it can cause discomfort and lead to eye damage.
- Have plenty pf vegetables and fruits in your diet. Minerals and vitamins, such as Vitamins C, A, and E, selenium, zinc, folic acid benefit overall health.
It is essential to begin the eye health care program as soon as possible. If you won’t be able to maintain a balanced diet, you will have to take eye health supplements for getting a consistent supply of nutrition which will promote eye health care.
Meadowvale Optometry is a well-known optometry service provider located in Mississauga, CA. Whether its Digital microscopic photography, Laser vision consultation, children eye exam, Dry eye testing, contact lens assessments and fittings, we provide a solution to all these problems. Glasses and frames offered here are from the best houses. Each of the product available here is available with full warranty.